Volcanoes 3D, Fires of Creation is a tale of science, culture, and thrilling adventure! Earth is a planet born of fire. For billions of years, volcanoes have helped create the world we know. From the continents to the air we breathe and even life itself, all have their origins in
Get ready to join your ultimate volcano guide, explorer and National Geographic Photographer Carsten Peter. It does not get any better than him when you talk about volcanoes. A day on the job for him is to dodge boulders at the edge of an active volcano in Indonesia, descend into a lava lake in Vanuatu, and visit the incredible mineral deposit fields in Ethiopia. To name a few!
You’ll be on the edge of your
seat watching this in 3D on a 7 story IMAX screen!
Pictured above with National Geographic Photographer Carsten Peter.
Here are a few fun facts that we learned about him:
- No counting! He doesn’t keep track of how many volcanoes he’s photographed.
- Afraid. Yes, he is fearful every time he enters a volcano.
- Breathe it in. He sometimes removes his protective gas mask when inside a volcano and yes he understands the risk.
- That was close! Yes, he’s had very close moments and even been hit by very small particles of lava, but nothing serious.
- His favorite:) The irridescent colors from the eruptions.
Now playing at the IMAX California Science Center.
California Science Center
700 Exposition Park Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90037
Open Daily 10a-5p
This is a sponsored collaboration with the California Science Center. All opinions expressed are honest and my own.