DREAM WORKS THEATER
100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CA 91608
The arrival of “Kung Fu Panda: The Emperor’s Quest” marks the first attraction to open at The Entertainment Capital of L.A. since Universal’s recent acquisition of DreamWorks Animation.
Kung Fu Panda: The Emperor’s Quest’ is a fun, spirited story and the ideal attraction to kick start Universal Studios Hollywood’s collaboration with DreamWorks Animation.”~ Karen Irwin, President and COO, Universal Studios Hollywood
The overall feel of TheDream Works Theater is inspired by the global blockbuster movie franchise, Kung Fu Panda, the attraction takes guests on a thrilling journey that fuses captivating storytelling with state-of-the art visual effects for a highly engaging experience.
Fun Facts about Dreamworks Theater
- Cutting-edge technology at the forefront of the multi-sensory attraction
- the first-ever integration of interior projection mapping designed to engulf guests in 180 degrees of immersive adventure
- Depicts a series of immersive and visually dynamic scenic designs that will transform within the interior space and enhance the story. With detailing that is so precise, it will be near impossible to realize the projected imagery is a mere illusion
- Coupled with seven Christie 4K Boxer Cinema Projectors and 360 degree surround sound audio
- Original score by composer Germaine Franco, the storyline begins as guests enter the pre-show area of the theatre where they meet an array of DreamWorks characters who kick-off the attraction’s narrative
- Guests sit in fully articulated seats that pivot and swivel in tandem with the 180-degree action
The newly constructed building that houses the DreamWorks Theatre is inspired by Mission revival architecture and harkens back to the Golden Age of Hollywood’s Art Deco period of the 1920s, including a box office ticket seller booth, reminiscent of the time period and staffed by a three-dimensional usher asleep on the job.
Universal Studios Hollywood is The Entertainment Capital of L.A. and includes a full-day, movie-based theme park and Studio Tour. As a leading global entertainment destination, Universal Studios Hollywood delivers highly themed immersive lands that translate to real-life interpretations of iconic movie and television shows. Recent additions include “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™” which features a bustling Hogsmeade village and such critically-acclaimed rides as “Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey” and “Flight of the Hippogriff™”. Other immersive lands include “Despicable Me Minion Mayhem” and “Super Silly Fun Land” as well as “Springfield,” hometown of America’s favorite TV family, located adjacent to the award-winning “The Simpsons Ride™” “The Walking Dead” daytime attraction and the DreamWorks Theatre featuring “Kung Fu Panda: The Emperor’s Quest.” The world-renowned Studio Tour is Universal Studios Hollywood’s signature attraction, inviting guests behind-the-scenes of the world’s biggest and busiest movie and television production studio where they can also experience such authentic thrill rides as “Fast & Furious—Supercharged.” The adjacent Universal CityWalk entertainment, shopping and dining complex also includes the all-new multi-million dollar, redesigned Universal CityWalk Cinema, featuring deluxe recliner seating in screening room quality theatres, and the “5 Towers” state-of-the-art outdoor concert stage.