*This is a sponsored post in conjunction with Techlicious and CTA
Westfield Century City Mall opened in 1964 and have undergone a complete 10-year overhaul to get to where it is today. Located in the beautiful West LA area of Los Angeles, it is home to top clothing retailers such as Anthropologie and Nordstrom as well as the incredible eateries like Eataly and Rock Sugar to name a few.
I take the opportunity to visit LA’s most tranquil shopping space whenever I can. This particular day was for a special occasion. I was invited to Techlicious‘ annual lunch and learn event hosted by the Consumer Technology Association at the Video & Audio Center. The Video & Audio Center is family owned and operated and the only independently owned brick and mortar retailer of electronics and appliances in the Los Angeles Area. They have locations in Santa Monica, Southbay, Village at Topanga and Agoura Hills.
The mall’s sanctuary-like design includes custom-designed furniture by designer Kelly Wearstler.
Cord Cutters Have Spoken
We listened to Tom Campbell Director/Chief Technologist of Video & Audio Center and Suzanne Kantra, Founder of Techlicious as they shared details about how to get an amazing movie experience at home. This is important for everyone. Stats show that 33 million Americans are cord cutters, you know those that have canceled cable services and rely on streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu,Amazon and Blu-ray disc. Honestly, I don’t know a single person that doesn’t have a “Netflix and Chill” night at least once a month! So you may as well make it the best experience that you possibly can or atleast dream a little.
Did you know that the most frequently owned technology used today are:
- Wireless Home Network Device
- DVD Player
*I was actually surprised that gaming consoles didn’t make the list. Maybe that’s only in my house!
3 items to create your own amazing at home movie experience
1. LG Signature Oled TV 4k UHD TV
It’s an investment that outweighs the monthly expense of cable services.
- It has over 8 million pixels, that’s 4x the pixel of HDTV’s
- Higher resolution provides greater detail in your movies
- It can handle the recommended internet speed for streaming is 15-25 Mbps
- Guarantees the full 4k experience when playing HD Blu-ray movies
- No special equipment is needed and is supported by most HDMI cables that you probably already have
2. JBL BAR 5.1 Series for Superior Sound
Sound and Music are 50% of the entertainment in a movie~Geoge Lucas
- Create a 3D hearing sound from the front, sides, back and overhead
- Easy setup with multiple convenient connections for wireless, HDMI, HDMI ARC, Optical and AUX wired connections
- Includes 2 wireless, detachable and chargeable speakers boasting 510W of total system power
- Versatile connections including Blu-ray players, game consoles and more.
3. 4k UltraHD Blu-ray DVD or streaming service
- Creates a digital cinema-like viewing experience
- Displays the 4K Ultra HD resolution, creating incredible special effects visuals
- Compatible with most streaming services like Netflix, Amazon, iTunes an VUDU, YouTube and more
Please check the website for prices.*
We wrapped the afternoon with a delicous and healthy lunch from Rock Sugar! Thank you CTA and Techlicious for hosting.
Techlicious serves the role of that tech-savvy friend you can count on to share tips and tricks to get the most out of technology; whether that’s saving time in our hectic schedules, discovering new ways to enjoy our personal interests, or keeping up with the latest technology trends and styles.
With decades of experience in consumer products, our writers and editors cut through the hype and technical jargon to give women the information they need, in language that’s easy to understand. We make tech simple.
About Consumer Technology Association (CTA)
As a catalyst to the dynamic technology industry, the Consumer Technology Association (CTA)™ accelerates growth and progress for the fast-paced economy. With leading market research, CTA educates members, and by establishing standards, CTA shapes the industry at large.
A proponent of innovation, CTA advocates for the entrepreneurs, technologists and innovators who mold the future of the consumer technology industry. CTA provides a platform that unites technology leaders to connect and collaborate, and it avidly supports members who push the boundaries to propel consumer technology forward.
About Video & Audio Center
Video & Audio Center has been in business for over 36 years, providing excellent customer service before and after the sale. We offer the latest high-tech consumer electronics and custom installation options. Our goal is to provide affordable solutions for your home entertainment. We are proud to be a family-owned business, and we currently own and operate 4 retail superstores.