This post is sponsored by Bounty.
The summer is officially here! In our home this is a time to slow down a bit, unwind from the school year and make time to create. We also take advantage of this time by making fun recipes as a snack or dessert. Seeing Despicable Me 3 inspired us to make Minion themed ice cream sandwiches. I’m showing how to make the blue and yellow treat as well as a great tip that’ll have your kids participating in the clean up!
Let’s Make Ice Cream Sandwiches that even Minions will LOVE!
Ice cream sandwiches are prepped and ready to be Minion-ized!
Bello! Ready, set, decorate!
The creation station is perfection for capturing all those oops along the way.
Fold it up, pick it up and throw it away! Cleaning our work area with Bounty makes it super easy and quick for my boys. This also encourages them to make arts and crafts because it’s more about creating than work.
All smiles because of the size of my smile. They knew it was a job well done.
- Work Station:
- 2-2 full sized paper towels (leave connected)
- 8 Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Sprinkles: blue, yellow, white
- Chocolate candies: blue, yellow
- Line table with 2-2 sheets of Bounty Paper Towels (see workstation example above)
- Take two cookies and place side by side
- Spread half a scoop of ice cream on each side
- Place the two cookies together
- Gently press the two cookies together to level out the ice cream
- Roll ice cream sandwiches in topping of your choice (try to roll the ice cream in the toppings before the ice cream gets super soft or it'll all slide)
- Freeze for a 1-2 hours until firm