It’s the most wonderful time of the year as Universal Studios HollywoodSM and Universal CityWalk® deck the halls for a wintry calendar of cool holiday activities at The Entertainment Capital of L.A.SM
“Grinchmas” runs weekends on December 5-6 and 12-13, then continues daily from December 18, 2015 through JanuarY 3, 2016.
We visited Who-ville over the weekend and enjoyed all the who-spitality that we received. Even the Grinch himself was in a good mood. There are great photo opportunities with unbelievable backdrops ranging from a snowy and twirly one of a kind Christmas tree, to over sized presents to various Who-ville characters that were strolling around greeting everyone in site. It was a festive and fun day for all.
The Universal Plaza, an elaborate grand piazza at the heart of the theme park, will serve as the backdrop for the lighting of the towering “Grinchmas” tree – a whimsical centerpiece twisting and spiraling 60 feet above visitors and providing the ideal setting for merry holiday-making memories, while The Grinch, his adorable dog Max and the Who-ville Whos entertain guests nearby with fun-filled photo opportunities.
As part of the fab-Who-lous event, Martha May Who-vier and the Who Dolls will took center stage by the “Grinchmas” tree performing energetic musical sets to usher in the Christmas season in style. The Wholiday Singers – a hip boy-band ensemble – will perform nightly a cappella concerts featuring a mix of Christmas favorites and pop rock.
The spirited “Grinchmas” event also will capture guests’ imagination with a variety of inspiring activities designed to create long-lasting memories. These include:
- Who-ville Post Office – Visitors will have a chance to partake in the “Grow Your Heart 3 Sizes” campaign when they share their good deeds on a postcard and mail them to The Grinch.
- Trim up the Tree Lot – Guests can design and personalize their own “Grinchmas” ornaments to help decorate the venue’s other “Grinchmas” trees or take them home as a keepsake.
- Who-bilicious Cookie Dec-Who-rating – Freshly baked gingerbread and Christmas tree cookies will be available for purchase, and guests can create their very own amazing treats with an assortment of delectable frostings and tasty toppers.
- Story Time with Cindy-Lou Who – Cindy-Lou Who and her Who friends will gather guests of all ages – tall and small – for an engaging storytelling show of Dr. Seuss’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas, featuring special effects and audience participation.
- Who-ville Whos re-enacting popular scenes and songs from the family favorite at the original film sets from the blockbuster film, “Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas.”
“Grinchmas” is included in the price of theme park admission. More information is available at www.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com.